Fuel Saving Tips for efficient
1. Fuel saving tips are easy. Pay attention to how you drive. Don’t exceed highway speed limits. Use moderate-to-easy acceleration. Gas mileage is negatively affected by fast acceleration and fast deceleration. Use cruise control on highway trips. Maintaining a constant speed helps reduce fuel consumption.
2. Engine maintenance. Maintain a properly tuned engine. Dirty spark plugs do not create the maximum spark and cause reduced horsepower and increased emissions.
3. Limit reliance on air conditioning. Limit use of air conditioning, especially during hot summer days. Yes, we know it’s not as comfortable but the issue here is saving gas.
4. Synthetic lubricants. Switch to synthetic motor oil and drive-train lubricants. Independent tests show savings of two to five percent using AMSOIL synthetic motor oil, gear lubes and ATF.
5. Air filter. Install clean air filter as needed. To get optimal efficiency from your engine, it has to breathe.
6. Aerodynamics. Keep windows rolled up at speeds over 40 mph. Open windows when driving over 40 mph can create a wind drag that will lower your mileage. Avoid use of roof rack. Reduce aerodynamic drag and improve your fuel economy by placing items inside the trunk whenever possible. Sun roofs also disturb smooth aerodynamic air flow and reduce mileage.
7. Tire Maintenance. Properly inflate your tires. Keep tires balanced and rotated regularly. Use radial tires for less friction between tire and road. Keep front-end aligned for better mileage and longer tire life.
8. Excess weight. Every extra 200 pounds of unnecessary weight that you travel around with shaves one mile per gallon off your gas mileage. You would be surprised how much stuff most people carry around in their trunks that they aren’t using.
9. Minimize Idling. Idling any longer than a minute wastes gas and one minute of idling uses more fuel than restarting your engine. When possible avoid drive-thrus. Idling for as little as 10 minutes while you sit in line can waste 5 or 6 miles worth of gas. Limit warm-ups to 30 seconds. Allowing your vehicle to idle excessively wastes gas.
10. Plan and combine your trips. Make a list and do all your grocery shopping once a week. Car pool, hike it, bike it or use public transportation if possible.
Be sure to check out this Performance Improver to clean injector systems to find how clean injectors save money and a smoother running vehicle.